Mr. Ballou was born and raised in Madill, Oklahoma, the horse trailer manufacturing capital of the world. He resides in Thornton, Colorado with his wife, Kacie (a Colorado native), sons Grayson and Cormac, and dog Atticus. He is a passionate trial attorney specializing in all types of personal injury cases and is the director of litigation at The Frickey Law Firm. Mr. Ballou takes pride in representing injured people throughout Colorado.
Colorado Super Lawyers recognized Mr. Ballou as a Rising Star for excellence in legal practice, an honor given to only 2.5 percent of all Colorado attorneys. He received the National Academy of Personal Injury Attorneys’ highest honor, the Top 10 Under 40 Attorney Award, for expertise, hard work, commitment and dedication in representing injured clients, as well as for countless hours spent mastering the craft of personal injury representation. The Order of Barristers inducted Mr. Ballou into its membership for excellent in courtroom advocacy. He graduated from the University of Oklahoma College of Law with distinction.
Mr. Ballou is well respected, having earned an excellent reputation in the legal community and forging strong working relationships with judges, mediators and other attorneys. Taking a practical, no-nonsense approach to cases, he has the necessary expertise and resources to achieve consistently favorable outcomes on behalf of his clients whether through skillful settlement negotiation or trial advocacy. As a proud Eagle Scout, he makes the most of the motto “Be Prepared” in all his cases. Mr. Ballou is an active Eagle member of the Colorado Trial Lawyers Association, as well as the Colorado and Denver Bar Associations.
Areas of Practice:
- Personal Injury:
- Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Wrongful Death
- Hospital Negligence
- Slip and Fall Accidents
- Trip and Fall Accidents
- Dog Bites
- Colorado (2008)
- Oklahoma (2014)
- University of Oklahoma College of Law – Norman, Oklahoma
- Juris Doctor (J.D.) with Distinction
- Oklahoma State University – Stillwater, Oklahoma
- Bachelor of Science in Finance with Honors (concentration in Commercial Bank Management and Political Science minor)
Honors and Awards:
- Rising Star Selectee, Colorado Super Lawyers
- Nominated and selected for excellence in legal practice. Rising Stars must be less than 40 years old and in practice for less than 10 years. Only 2.5 percent of attorneys in Colorado are selected to Rising Stars.
- Top 10 Under 40 Attorney Award, National Academy of Personal Injury Attorneys
- NAOPIA’s highest honor for expertise, hard work, commitment and dedication in representing injured clients, as well as countless hours spent mastering the craft of personal injury representation.
- Order of Barristers, National Member
- For Excellence in Courtroom Advocacy
- Phi Delta Phi International Legal Honor Society – Holmes Inn
- Eagle Scout
- Boy Scouts of America
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Colorado Trial Association, Eagle Member
- Litigation Committees: Automobile Collision, Construction Defect, Nursing Home, Personal Injury and Premises Liability
- Colorado Bar Association, Litigation Section Member
- Denver Bar Association, Member
- Oklahoma Bar Association, Member