Eric Ballou represents people injured by individuals, corporations, and insurance companies, obtaining millions on their behalf at trial and in settlement. Raised in Madill, a manufacturing and agricultural county seat in southern Oklahoma with a grand courthouse in town square, he continues to rely on small-town values: hard work, relationship building, and willingness to help others in his practice today as a trial attorney at The Frickey Law Firm.
Eric earns an excellent reputation in the legal community and forges strong working relationships with judges, mediators, and other attorneys. Taking a practical, no-nonsense approach to cases, he has the necessary expertise to achieve consistently favorable outcomes on behalf of his clients whether through trial advocacy or skillful settlement negotiation. As a proud Eagle Scout, he brings the motto “Be Prepared” to all his cases.
He now resides in Thornton, Colorado with his wife and three sons. When not in the courtroom, you might find him playing or watching baseball or camping at one of Colorado’s beautiful state or national parks.
Areas of Expertise:
- Motor Vehicle Collisions
- Slip/Trip and Fall Injuries (Premises Liability)
- Dog Bites
- Wrongful Death
- Insurance Bad Faith
- Medical Malpractice
Memberships and Admissions:
- Eagle member of the Colorado Trial Lawyers Association and member of the Colorado, Oklahoma, and Denver Bar Associations.
- He is admitted to practice in the State of Colorado, State of Oklahoma, and U.S. District Courts for the District of Colorado.
Awards and Recognition:
- Colorado Super Lawyers recognizes Eric as a “Super Lawyer” for excellence in legal practice, an honor given to only 5 percent of all Colorado attorneys.
- The National Academy of Personal Injury Attorneys names him a Top 10 Under 40 Attorney for his expertise, hard work, commitment and dedication in representing injured clients, as well as for countless hours spent mastering the craft of personal injury representation.
- The American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys names him one of its 10 Best Colorado Attorneys for exceptional and outstanding client service.
- The National Trial Lawyers recognizes Eric as a Top 100 Civil Plaintiff’s Lawyer for demonstrating superior qualifications of leadership, reputation, influence, stature, and public profile.
- Eric is named among America’s Top 100 High Stakes Litigators for exceptional advocacy, ethics, and legal success.
- Attorney and Practice Magazine names him a Top 10 Personal Injury Attorney for excellence in practice, and dedication to the legal field and community.
- The Order of Barristers inducted Eric into its membership for excellent in courtroom advocacy.
- University of Oklahoma College of Law, Juris Doctor (J.D.) with Distinction
- Oklahoma State University, Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in Finance with Honors
Read What Eric's Clients Have To Say
"Eric Ballou represented me in a slip and fall case. He was always available to answer any questions and give his suggestions. I found him to be personable, competent, supportive and very knowledgeable. I highly recommend him if your need arises." — Becky B. (Google Review)
"I was in car accident about 2 years ago, and I had to hire a lawyer. I decided to go with the Frickey Law Firm. My case was kind complicated, but I was assigned Eric Ballou and he was really professional, helpful, knowledgeable and honest. He was able to get me a settlement for my case. I definitely recommend them the firm and specifically Eric Ballou to represent you." — Marco M. (Google Review)
"Eric Ballou was very persistent and fought for me for 2 1/2 years, not taking no for an answer. He and Kimberly always kept me informed and were readily available. They treated me like family through this long and difficult process and finally were able to get some closure for me. I really do appreciate you guys with all my heart! Thank you and I highly recommend them!" — Patrick N. (Google Review)