Spending time outdoors can provide some much-needed relief during the COVID-19 outbreak. Yet, given the current public health crisis, it is more important than ever to recreate safely and responsibly. This is true whether you are looking to hike, camp, backpack, or participate in other activities.
In addition to thinking about normal summer road trip precautions, you will need to avoid exposing yourself or others to unnecessary health risks. Here are a few guidelines that can serve as a starting point. Be sure to consult new city, county, and state restrictions as they evolve.
- Check the status of your destination and familiarize yourself with any restrictions.
- Have a backup plan in case the place you want to visit is crowded.
- Recreate alone or with those that live in your household. Keep your group small.
- Bring essential items such as hand sanitizer and a face covering.
- Choose lower-risk activities to minimize your chance of getting injured. Search and rescue teams and health care facilities do not have the same resources as they normally do.
- Minimize long-distance travel by exploring what your area has to offer.
- Stay home if you are sick or if you had contact with someone with COVID-19.
Dealing with a Car Accident During COVID-19
Say that you follow all these recommendations. There is still the risk of getting into a motor vehicle accident while driving to or from your destination. If that happens, maintain social distancing and other precautions to the greatest extent possible.
Be aware that many aspects of dealing with your accident may take longer than usual, from getting medical treatment to speaking with insurance agents. Some insurance companies may use these delays to pressure claimants. It is important to seek legal guidance to protect your rights and obtain fair compensation.
Need Help? Schedule a Complimentary Consultation
We are open and available for phone calls and virtual meetings. If you or a loved one was injured in an accident, call 303-237-7373 today to arrange a complimentary consultation.
Our skilled attorneys can advise you during this difficult time. The Frickey Law Firm serves clients from Denver, Boulder, Lakewood, and neighboring communities throughout Colorado.