If you’ve been hurt in an accident and are awaiting an insurance settlement, don’t be surprised if the offer you receive is lower than what you expected. Low settlements are frequently offered by insurance adjusters in the hopes that you will simply accept it and go away. Unfortunately, many injury victims accept the first settlement they are offered, even when they know the settlement is insufficient, because they are struggling financially and don’t know their rights.
If you are dealing with an insurance company that is offering you less than you deserve, the best thing you can do for yourself is to hire an experienced personal injury attorney. At the Frickey Law Firm, our lawyers understand the tactics used by insurers to delay, deny, or devalue legitimate claims. We are committed to protecting your rights and fighting for the full and fair compensation you rightfully deserve.
What to Do After You Receive a Low Settlement Offer
You do not have to accept an insurance adjuster’s settlement offer, especially the first one. If you realize that the initial offer is too low, you should:
- Contact a personal injury lawyer: If you’ve been dealing with insurers alone up until now, this is the time to speak with a lawyer. You can discuss the details of your case for free with an experienced attorney at the Hickey Law Firm.
- Identify the true value of your claim: Our attorneys have extensive experience with calculating the necessary compensation for our clients. This includes your immediate and long-term medical costs, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
- Develop a negotiation strategy: When entering a negotiation, it’s important to understand what you need and what you are willing to accept. Our attorney can help you determine the highest amount of compensation you may receive and what amount you shouldn’t go below.
- Reject and counter the offer: The rejection of a low settlement offer must be made in writing, and it should respond to every point in the offer. Our attorney will ensure that your rejection offer is made properly, and provide a counteroffer that reflects the true value of your damages, and why you deserve the compensation requested.
- Determine if you’ll go to court: If negotiations break down, you need to know if you’re willing to fight in court or accept a lower settlement. Our litigation lawyers have earned millions of dollars in combined verdicts and settlements. We aren’t intimidated by big insurance companies and we never back down from a fight. Whether at the negotiating table or in the courtroom, we are prepared to fight for the maximum compensation you deserve.
Call Now To Discuss Your Case for Free
Don’t negotiate with insurance companies on your own. The experienced personal injury attorneys at the Frickey Law Firm are standing by to handle every aspect of your case so you can focus on healing. Call 303-237-7373 today or contact us online to schedule your free initial consultation. We proudly serve Lakewood, Boulder, Golden, and Denver.