Car accidents happen every day, and in many situations, injuries are involved. The attorneys at Frickey Law in Lakewood, CO, work daily with individuals who have been hurt in vehicular accidents. When one occurs, it is critical that you take specific steps to ensure proper evidence and information to file a lawsuit, protect your rights, or receive adequate compensation for your injuries.
What Should I Do if I Am Involved in a Car Accident?
As soon as a car accident occurs, it is vital to take some steps to protect yourself and your rights.
- If you can, try to document the scene of the accident with photos or video. This can help prove what happened, as well as show any injuries that you sustained.
- Exchange your insurance information with the other individual to obtain their name, insurance company, and additional pertinent information that may be required to file the lawsuit with the courts.
- Contact the police, as this ensures that there is oversight at the scene and documentation from a professional that can be used as evidence when filing your personal injury lawsuit.
- It would be best if you also got medical treatment immediately so your injuries can be assessed and appropriately treated. Be sure to obtain the proper documentation of all treatments that can be used for securing compensation.
- It is often advisable to talk to an experienced attorney about your case so that they can advise you on how best to proceed and ensure that you receive adequate compensation for your injuries.
With these steps in mind, you will be able to take the right actions following a car accident and thereby maximize the chances of receiving fair compensation for any injuries or losses that you incur. Whether you were the driver or a passenger, it is important that you take these steps to protect your legal rights and obtain justice following an accident. If you are located in the area of Lakewood, Colorado, and are facing an upcoming lawsuit, call 303-237-7373 for a complimentary consultation with the team at Frickey Law. Attorneys Janet Frickey, Adam McClure, Eric Ballou, and Erin Montgomery have decades of combined experience in personal injury lawsuits. Call today to speak to one of our lawyers about your upcoming legal needs.